Zalta, Edward N.
Feminist Political Philosophy Summer ed. Retrieved Pandora's Box: Subjectivity, class, and sexuality in socialist feminist criticism.
- Political Theory: An Encyclopedia of Contemporary and Classical Terms.
- Download Political Theory An Encyclopedia Of Contemporary And Classic Terms .
- The Reviewers.
- Feminist political theory.
- Collected Papers IV (Phaenomenologica, Volume 136).
- A Handbook for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education: Enhancing Academic Practice.
- The Politics of Nation Building and Citizenship in Singapore.
One is Not Born a Woman. University of Minnesota Press.
Feminist Political Theory. Feminism as Radical Humanism. Feminism and Humanism. Chapter Women's Studies Quarterly. Women's Studies in Communication.https://lessgoohosiron.ml
Political Theory: An Encyclopedia of Contemporary and Classic Terms - PDF Free Download
The Motherless State. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. A Contingent Yes". Journal of Politics.
The New Yorker. New England Journal of Public Policy.
- The Orifice as Sacrifical Site: Culture, Organization, and the Body (Sociological Imagination and Structural Change);
- Shakespeare Book of Lists: The Ultimate Guide to the Bard, His Plays, and How Theyve Been Interpreted (and Misinterpreted) Through the Ages?
- Emerging Trends in Biological Sciences;
- Romantic Getaways in Virginia, Maryland & Washington DC.
Signs: Journal of Women in Culture and Society. Feminist theory. Feminism portal. Ecofeminism Feminist method Hegemonic masculinity Women's history Women's studies.
Russell Dorothy E. Smith Marilyn Waring.
First formulated millennia ago by the founding philosophers of the Western tradition, these basic concepts of human thought remain central to our conception of ourselves, our place in the world, and our relationships with others-that is, our politics. Readers encountering such broad political concepts, their practical expressions in political movements and systems of government, the ideas of influential ancient and modern political thinkers—or simply familiar or unfamiliar catchphrases for which they would like a succinct yet informative explanation—will welcome this accessible encyclopedic guide.
The major political concepts, themes, issues, movements, groups, and schools that have developed over time and shaped our modern world appear here in all their diversity, along with biographical entries and articles on the principal works of political theorists from Plato to John Rawls. Further, serious students and browsers alike will delight in the numerous entries on familiar quotations and political catchphrases, from the banality of evil and Big Brother to the war of all against all. It would be ideal for undergraduates going through a text in political theory, for example, or possibly even first-year graduate students.
Feminist political theory
As the author acknowledges, this is not the first overview of political thought. Nor is it likely to be the last.
- About This Item.
- Plato: Political Philosophy;
- Customer Reviews!
- Feminist political theory - Wikipedia?
- Mining Safety and Health Research at NIOSH: Reviews of Research Programs of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health.
This is what enables one encyclopaedia to be different, in content terms, from another. What sets Political Theory: An Encyclopedia of Contemporary and Classical Terms apart from other publications is that contemporary and classical terms are included.
This is reflected in the disparate entries spanning many divergent political theories over 2, years of thinking, ideas and concepts. I found the related entries feature especially useful. Essentially a cross-reference device, the concept of civil disobedience is, for example, traced from its ancient Greek roots as depicted in Antigone, up to Thoreau, King and Chavez, leading us to the related entry Satyagraha — a principle advanced by Gandhi meaning truth or silent force. Entries are wide-ranging in scope.